How it all happens ?
- Menthol, the active ingredient, modulates Calcium ion currents of sensory and smooth neuronal membranes via action on Transient Receptor Potential (TRP) ion channels.
- Calcium ions play an important role in signal transmission pathways from neurons to other cells.
- Like, Transient Receptor Potential Ankyrin 1(TRPA1, from the TRP family), is a Calcium-permeable cation channel inhibited by menthol.
- TRPA1 functions as an excitatory ionotropic receptor of nociceptive (a process of detecting painful or injurious stimulus by sensory neurons) neurons.
- TRPA1 inhibition by menthol leads to a reversible channel block to relieve pain through the diminished transmission.
- Menthol also inhibits Transient Receptor Potential Melastatin 8 (TRPM8 also known as the Cold and Menthol Receptor 1(CMR1)).
- TRPM8 is a cold-activated thermoTRP ion channel that evokes thermal and pain sensations (modulation, therefore, improves pain relief)
- Other well established antinociceptive effects and analgesic properties of menthol occurs through selective activation of κ-opioid receptors.
What Happens after use?
Safe and prolonged reduction (5-6ºC) of the skin temperature, for 2-4 hours, without risks of counter-reactions or frostbites (formation of ice crystals, blood clots, and cellular damage in small blood vessels).
Reduces swelling at the injured site, reduced production of inflammatory substances and removal of damaged substances from the injured site.
Reduced internal bleeding, increased circulation, and metabolism, which makes the healing process much faster with or without oral medication.
The Aloe Vera in it…
The Aloe Vera in the second layer actually seals in the menthol, providing long-lasting pain relief achieved through this dual application process.
The Aloe Vera in the gel will keep your skin soft and smooth for the entire duration of the treatment, especially when the gel is used for a longer period of time.
Aloe Vera has been alluded to have diverse antibiotics, coagulating, pain inhibiting, and cell growth stimulating properties.